Having only started karting at the end of January 2016, I managed to fly through the ranks achieving numerous podiums, lap records and a Championship all within my first year.
I’m was very proud to have been scouted by Arden Motorsport and signed to their Young Racing Driver Academy (YRDA) for 2017.
I made my car racing debut at Rockingham Motor Speedway in August 2017 as part of the prestigious Simpson Race Products Ginetta Junior Championship, supporting the British Touring Car Championship. I also competed at Silverstone and then the season finale at Brands Hatch GP. My best rookie result was 5th place, which I was very happy with but it’s my race pace and aggression on track that have really improved.
Signing for Richardson Racing to contest the full season of the Ginetta Junior Championship in 2018 has to be the best opportunity I have of learning my craft in motorsport as I’ve got a great team behind me and two excellent teammates now too; we’ll be working hard together in testing to get the best from us all.
On the same day as I was announced as the latest signing for Richardson Racing, I was honoured by being awarded the winner of the prestigious Downforce UK ‘Henry Surtees Teen Racer of the Year 2017’ award too. What a great day…and what a great start to 2018.
Thanks to my fantastic sponsors at Everyone Active, I’m training harder, longer and better than ever now, with the help of their Sporting Champions programme and it’s really paying dividends. Let’s see what we can do in my first full season in anything this year with my new found confidence and strength.
Bring it on!
- Winner of the prestigious Downforce UK ‘Henry Surtees Teen Racer of the Year 2017’ award.
- Signed for Richardson Racing Team to contest the full season of the Ginetta Junior Championship in 2018, supporting the British Touring Car Championship.
- Proud to have been recognised by ExquisiteConceirge.co.uk who have tipped me as an Essex Sports Star To Watch in 2018 .
- Highly Commended for Active Essex ‘Young Sports Personality of the Year 2017’ Award from tens of thousands of young athletes.
- Finished 5th place rookie at Silverstone in the Ginetta Junior Championship Race September 2017 in my second ever race car meeting.
- Competed in my first Ginetta Junior Car Race in August 2017. Exactly a year from my first ever official MSA Kart race.
- Scouted by and signed to Arden International for their Young Racing Driver Academy (YRDA) Jan 2017.
- Highly Commended for Karting Magazine’s ‘Rookie of the Year 2016’ award.
- The Jack Petchey Foundation proudly awarded Emily for ‘Inspiration to young adults’ through her work and commitment to karting.
- Awarded the Buckmore Park Star Pupil 2016 – The first female to win the title in its 16-year history.
- BMKC Junior Champion 2016 having competed in just 6 of the seven rounds, finishing on the podium in every race.